As your multiple teeth dental implants Serangoon Gardens specialists, we want to help you get a healthy beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime. Not only do we want to help you with multiple teeth dental implants, but we want to make sure you have excellent oral health.
That’s why this blog is about what you need to watch for when it comes to gum disease. Gum disease is an infection that can affect how we place dental implants. By understanding what you need to keep an eye on, we can work together to place your implants.
Here’s what you should know about gum disease from your multiple teeth dental Implants Serangoon Gardens.
One of the most dangerous things about this ailment is it can be painless. That means you might not even know that you have it. There are, however, some early warning signs that can tell you have a problem. These include gums that:
- are red or swollen. If you have a problem with bleeding gums after brushing and flossing, it’s another indicator of gingivitis or periodontitis.
- If you’ve got a bad taste that lingers in your mouth or bad breath that won’t go away, you might have gum disease.
- If your teeth have shifted so the way you bite down on foods has changed, you might have gum disease.
If you have any of these symptoms, it’s a good idea to check with the dentist before you get fitted for multiple teeth dental implants Serangoon Gardens. If you smoke, you should stop immediately. That habit can affect our ability to place dental implants and cause a variety of problems.
Along with smoking, there are several other factors that can increase your chances of getting gum disease.
- Although genetics does play a role, poor oral hygiene can increase your chances of getting gingivitis.
- If you are pregnant or suffer from diabetes you’re in a higher risk category.
If you’re looking to take advantage of one of our dental implants products, we have a friendly and welcoming system in place. During an initial consultation, we will look at any issues including gum disease.
There is even a preoperative stage where you’ll be told everything that’s required for the day of surgery and afterwards. We have the experts on staff and experience to place your multiple teeth dental implants Serangoon Gardens quickly and efficiently.